Seresto flea and tick collar for dogs over 8 kg
Kills sticks , fleas and lice and repels ticks "anti-feeding"
Protection against fleas and ticks for eight months
With its innovative delivery system, Seresto® offers a breakthrough in flea and tick protection for dogs or cats for eight months.
Inside the unique polymer matrix of Seresto® are two active ingredients:
Imidacloprid has been used in products recommended by veterinarians for years to control flea infestations.
Flumethrin effectively repels and kills ticks, and kills larvae and nymphs.
Flumethrin works together with imidacloprid to provide dual action against fleas and ticks. No other treatment has this combination of ingredients [FIG. 1].
The active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact [FIG. 2] over the skin surface of the cat or dog [FIG. 3 & 4].
Seresto® works similarly to a monthly topical, but as the active ingredients wear off over time, a new supply is continuously replenished in low concentrations. The active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the skin surface.
Bayer's polymer matrix technology is designed to slowly and continuously release the active ingredients over eight months, a duration that makes it clearly different from other collars.
The active ingredients of Seresto® are contained within the Bayer Polymer Matrix, making it water-resistant. Therefore it is unnecessary to remove the collar before the pet is immersed in water. Seresto® remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming, or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Under normal conditions, effectiveness lasts for eight months. In order to maintain an 8-month duration, dogs must not be bathed more than once per month. For dogs that swim once a month or more, the control duration is reduced to five months.
Application is easy
1. Remove collar from protective bag immediately prior to use.
2. Unroll collar and make sure that there are no remnants from the plastic connectors inside the collar.
3. Insert end of the collar through the buckle. Adjust the collar around the dog or cat’s neck without tightening it too tight (as a guide, it should be possible to insert two fingers between the collar and the neck).
4. Pull excess collar through the loop(s) and cut off any excess length extending 1 inch (2 cm) beyond the loop(s).
5. Seresto® comes with three optional reflector clips that can be attached to the collar for additional visibility at night. The reflector clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar.