Preventef flea collar for large dogs
Preventef is recommended to use in dogs for the control and treatment of fleas and ticks
The Preventef line is of flea collar for dogs and cats incorporating in its matrix an organophosphate insecticide called Diazinon.
The mechanism of action of Diazinon is to inhibit acetylcholinesterase, leading to paralysis and death of the parasite.
The insecticide can enter parasite via suction or through the cuticle due to high liposolubility.
Preventef contains essential fatty acids that improves the absorption and diffusion of the drug through the lipid layer of the skin, that helps revitalize the skin and hair; and regenerate the skin in areas of lesions caused by allergy to flea saliva.
Unique for containing the active ingredient in the matrix collar with the fat-soluble vehicle, so that the release becomes slow and controlled (high safety) and not quenched with water (maximum effectiveness).
Preventef is recommended to use in dogs and cats over 8 weeks for the control and treatment of fleas, for a period of four months.
Adjust the collar according to the size of the pet; place it around the neck leaving a gap of two fingers between the collar and the neck; cut off the excess after the buckle; since the pet is growing do not forget to adjust weekly.
CAUTION slightly toxic READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE PRODUCT
- For external use only, avoid contact with mucous membranes, use in animals younger than 3 months and pregnant females is not recommended.
- Ask the veterinarian for using it on puppies under 4 weeks of age.
- If signs of intolerance by the animal, such as skin irritation, remove the collar. Consult your veterinarian.
- If the animal shows signs of intolerance bathe with water to remove the product.
- The necklace has a bitter taste so it’s usually rejected by the pet, If swallowed, it is not recommended to induce vomiting and administer supportive therapy.
- Do not use other insecticides in conjunction with the collar, do not use on sick or convalescent animals, remove the collar with any sign of irritation.
- The collar should not be used on Persian or Himalayan cats
- The pet should wear the necklace all the time.
- The collar is not affected by water or moisture, however, it is recommended to remove it before the bath.