Contralac 2 mg for dogs 16 tablets
Pseudopregnancy and lactation suppression unwanted postpartum
Synthetic derivative of ergoline, the metergoline is an agent whose business is based antiprolactina mainlyexerted on the antagonism against serotonin, a substance responsible for the secretion of prolactin.
Pseudopregnancy and lactation suppression unwanted postpartum.
Metergoline administered 0.2 mg / kg p.v. / Day, divided in 2 doses,
- 1 comp. Contralac 5 per 2 kg p.v. each morning and evening.
- 1 comp. Contralac 20 per 10 kg p.v., morning and evening.
For small dogs we recommend the following pattern of use of
- 2.5 to 3 kg adminisatrar 1 tablet / dog / day.
- From 3.5 to 6 kg administered 1 tablet / bitch, morning and evening.
- From 6.5 to 8 kg adminisatrar 2 comp / bitch in the morning and 1 tablet / Bitch, by
- For dogs over 8 kg, using the tablet divisible Contralac 20.
In both cases, it is recommended treatment for 8 days, although
observed, in general, complete cures after the 4 th day.
As side effects, can cause vomiting or diarrhea of weak intensity at the start of treatment, which do not justify the disruption and disappear quickly. Also described signs of excitement and hyperactivity.
Interactions and incompatibilities:
Interactions have been reported with L-dopaminergic substances.